Wednesday, June 09, 2010

When he said those 3 words ...

The world seemed to have stopped suddenly…. It felt like all my dreams came crashing down all at once…..
My hands were shivering…..I was sweating like hell….My mind was racing……I was unable to think clearly……. I dint know what to do….
Only 1 thing seemed obvious….
I called 911…
I had never seen an accident happen from such a close proximity…..it happened right in front of my eyes….
The worst part….it happened to him…..
He was hit by a car….
I met him at one of the bday parties….His deep eyes had a sense of mystery in them……I had an instant crush on him……..needless to mention, even he was interested in me ……..
But that was 3 yrs ago……Now we are very close friends……he had been there for me always………Though I suspect that TFIFM (The feeling is *ing mutual :P ) , for some reason things never went any further than just being friends……may b it was coz of the fear of ‘losing a best friend’ if the feeling wasn’t mutual…..
But now, He was lying in front of me in a pool of blood. ….. I was too shocked to say anything…….A crowd gathered around us…..we were waiting for the ambulance….the sound of emergency vehicle used to annoy me so much….but now I was craving to hear one……..I was ready to do anything it takes to save him…….
But I could see….he was dying…
He had already lost lot of blood ….. I refused to accept the fact that I will lose him if this continues….
I was praying……praying with all my heart…
I just wished this was like one of those dreams in my blogs…..but it was happening for real…..the warmth of tears flowing down was real……the pain with which he was wallowing in front of my eyes was real…..my love for him was real….
I hated my helplessness…..I hated god for letting this happen…..I decided not to ever pray if I lose him….
It was past 15mins……there was no sign of an ambulance….I wondered what was taking them soo long..
I knew I had to keep him conscious….I was trying to tell him not worry and things will be perfectly alright…..just to boost up his confidence and help him fight the pain……..but ofcourse the delivery of those words accompanied by my tears failed to serve the purpose…..both of us suspected , the end was close….
I could see his moist eyes which I felt always held some secret…..He was lying in my lap , holding my hand…..he was trying to say something…..from all the effort he was putting in it, I knew it was something important…..n infact, I felt I knew what he was going to say…..the words which I had always been longing to hear him say…
He said…..." Ek Limca milega? " :P….lol….


PS: This blog is being released with an alternate ending for non-hindi readers :P

He said ....."Call my girlfriend" :P




======================================================================

8 comments:

sowmya said...

Cant help admiring your writing skills harika. You simply rock! I am a Fan of every blog of yours.

Raja said...

Heyy chaala bagundi!!

Sahithi Paleti said...

I thot he wud say "ur hand is too cold" :P

Harika Korukonda said...

thanks ppl
@sahiti....but that is 5 words kada :P.....

Anonymous said...

Nice one ! Is that your real story ?

Anonymous said...

Awesome girl...u are making me wait for ur blogs...really.....gud job....

Kishan said...

hey harika..
what happened?? no blog entry for a long time. been a while since I talked to you. say hello sometime.

Pratap said...

Wow... that was a nice post! Suspense all the way till the end :)