Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Is he the one ??!!

"Treeeeeeeng Treeeeeeeng....Treeeeeeeeng Treeeeeeeng"
Rang my phone alarm.....
I woke up reluctant to open my eyes.....It was 6:15 am.....thankk god, there is smething called snooozzee......got used to postponing everything......there i go, trying to sleep for 10more mins...
After a series of god-knws-how-many snoozes as usual, i woke up........1 hr later, i was on my way to the airport........
I was goin 2 Texas........i was goin 2 meet him.......overloaded with a heavy bag in hand and a heavier Question in mind......Is he "The One"???.....
Marriages are made in heaven is wt i have heard......n i ought to believe in it now......
I never really trusted in arranged marriages........may b for the fact that deciding your life partner by meeting a handful times is not a cakewalk.....
When you are meeting smeone with the intention of marrying, you obviously are not your actual self.....you dress your best, you try to be your best......you are hardly urself.....n thts wt makes things difficult to decide.......marrying someone with whom you have no history or bonding with......
Love seems to be a better and enthusiastic idea......There is a casual "getting-to-know-you" phase where you are just friends, you spend time with each other and you discover each others pet peeves, quirks , whims and fantasies.......But in love what generally happens is, both are at their best to impress each other. They behave , walk, talk , do things as what the other likes....i.e one changes for the other......But this cant continue forever.......n marriage gives it a break.....the real person comes out after the marraige.......no more impressings, no more sacrifices, and then starts trouble :P......
Classifying the success of a marriage on the basis of arranged or love is mere foolishness( in my view)..... A successful unity between two people requires willingness, compromise, love and commitment. These aspects can be found in either type of marriage.......The actual beauty of a relationship is where everyday you discover a new thing about your partner.....

My phone rang.....It was him.....this was the 3rd time i was talking to him......I told him i am on the way to the airport....he was happpy....
I got down to the airport shuttle.....the airport was unusually scarsely populated......may b coz it was a weekday...

Got into the flight much before time......i had 4 hrs before i wud meet him.........n i had only 4 hrs to argue with myself if i can decide a yes/no about a guy by meeting him only once !!......
The a/c was intolerrably high......but still i discovered myself sweating.....n restless....i wondered why i felt so restless......may be it was All of it -- the years spent waiting for spl smeone , the criticality of the decision, you being judged by what you talk/do at that time, meeting smeone for the 1st time with sme spl intention- but was romantic in its own way as i hadnt expected....

Mind was racing with thoughts....some gud....some funny.....some scary.......
I was unable to sleep.....broke the tradition of the only-thing-to-do-in-flight is to sleep........after 2 hrs which seemed like 2 yrs, was glad to hear the final announcement of landing......i realized that, i was actually excited to meet him.......wowww!! :))......
I had seen his pic.....he was gud looking (acc to the pic atleast)......wondered what he wud look like in real.....the fact that the pics given for matrimonial purpose are generally either tampered with or are usually clicked when you are just 21, made me more anxious/curious/hmmm worried in fact......i gave my recent pic though.....n i believe i dint change much since past many yrs :)) :P (atleast heightwise :P )....
Landed in the airport......recognised him at very first glance......he was toooo charming........”Ohh! so love at first sight does happen!” I thought! :P.....
He looked much better than the pic......but not so younger though....."matured look" i wud call :P :P.....
We reciprocated "hiii"s.......and after answering his questionaire about my journey we were on the way to a restaurant....
I cant help but comment on his car......it was sme mercedes one........i wud hav married him jus for that :P.........
The drive to the restaurent was a long one.........he was talking talking and talking.......n to my surprise i found myself in the most silent phase of my life.......i never was this silent....."Whats wrong with me" I thought......
We reached the restaurent.......It was a pretty gud one with wonderful ambience......n a even more wonderful menu.....but i decided not to eat much....i ordered half of what i wud otherwise have ordered......
"Only this much??....is that your lunch order ?? " He asked......
what do i say....shud i tell him that i am in no mood to eat coz i am actually damnn tensed.....or shud i tel him about my everyday resolutions of serious dieting and breaking the resolution before every meal :P.......or shud i start a conversation about what my fav dishes are.......or shud i tell him about my condition that he should share the cooking part also if he decides to marry me :P....
I jus smiled.......
He placed his order and the waitress left......
"Nee guirnchi emaina cheppu " (soo tell me about urself)...he asked....
That sounded like a typical HR interview question......i had read many standard answers for tht Q during my undergrad placement interviews......but now this is a different interview i am in.....and the Q was indeed logical.....coz he spoke a lot abt himself during the drive and i was sitting like a dumb girl......now it ws my turn....but wher do i start......what excatly shud i tell......what excatly about me......I can write novels about myself :P.....but i cnt write an essay.....i mean, to describe everything briefly isnt very easy........i mean i cnt start off with my educational background and then the family background like in a typical HR interview.....
"enti antha kham ga unnavu....nuvvu ekkuva matladava" (you arent speaking at all....are is this reserved always)....he asked...
hmmm...noo i am never like this....i can actually talk for hrs on phne......tht too as loudly as if that person can hear directly without the phone connection.......not to mention my overusage atnt phone bill :P......i generally believe i can talk very comfortably with any starnger......but whyy nowww????.....
"ala emi ledu....jus em matladalo artham kavatledu " (It not like that, jus that i hav no clue what exactly to talk ", i replied.....
"Nee hobbies enti cheppu" (what are your hobbies), He asked.....
abbaaaaa thats like the Q i hate most, coz i hate the fact that i dont hav any hobbies lately......i wanted to ask if sleeping can be called a hobby :P......coz thts the thing i wud prefer to do on any holiday.....or else just hang out with freinds......but other than that what do i enjoy doing......i used to watch a lot of movies and read a lot of novels but its been really long since i read one .....became lazy to do anything......not finding time is the lame excuse i give to myself...
"In free time I watch random videos on youtube, else most of the times I am either on phone or sleeping or eating :P ", i answered......that was my safe answer....
i was scared to answer anything related to movies coz i dint want him to knw hw terrible i am at hollywood movies.......i dnt knw y but I get soo confused with all hollywud actors/actresses ......i wonder what happens to my soo much acclaimed memory power when it comes to remembering the hollywud names.....whatever i am today (in terms of hollywud gyan) is because of my bro.....bcoz if his strict assignments to me to watching sme gud movies and smetimes even sitting beside me and showing me sme scenes which he loves the most and explaining them when i dnt understnd the accent/intent/both :P.....
Our orders were ready and we started eating.......i was indeed hungry......excausted with thinking and thinking.....
He asked about my engineering life.....and my thoughts flew to my engg college, gang, fun and friendship.....n i started talking.....
i started talking about my engineering life....all about it.....hw much i enjoyed it...hw much i m missing it right now......
I told him about my inter and engg friends.....and hw close we are.....and hw much i love them.....
I started to talk about myself and my life.....i was rediscovering myself........i felt i am back.......
It was 9 pm......It was time to leave.......i had to fly bac the same day.......
I enjoyed the time with him.....but then is that enough a thing to decide a yes/no?........i need more time I thought.....
I was happy.......for some reason......he was just too cute.......i liked him.......
15 mins after the flight started i started feeling sleepy.........in no more than 5 mins, i was fast asleep.....

Treeeeenggg treeeeennnggg.......Treeeennggggg Treeenngggg.....
Now this was the alarm again........and i woke up to find myself in my own cozy room at home.........only to realize that it was all a dream :))....hehehe

That was enough of imagination for now ;)).....
I don’t really care if you believe it to be true! :P…

PS:

To my future husband :P ,
see I am imagining all stuff without anything happening for real…don’t u think its hightime??!!.....why don’t u just land in my life ASAP!!......looking forward to meeting you……
ur love :P,
Harika



=================================================================

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!
Darn good story..Enjoyed it immensely.. Especially when i could imagine almost all the characters of your story
Silent Harika...
Pesky Bro :P
All your inter-engg frens
Just the Main guy was missing ;)...
Keep it coming \m/

Soumya said...

Adi nigam ga dream e na?? u narrated it so well :D.

Anyway! Wishing you quick-luck to find your dream man soon :-)

Harika Korukonda said...

@ shre....adee kadaa...i hav no idea wts stopping him....may b he is just waiting for me to turn 26 ..lol :P
@Sowmya.....ya ya unfortunately just dream ae....Thanks for ur wishes :D ...tere muh mein ghee shakkar ;)

hani said...

Im speechless...u seem to be speaking my thoughts & dreams! :-)
So i have become even more lazier now and stopped blogging and just read ur blogs instead :P

Harika Korukonda said...

@ Harshini...
Ya i knw...tht is what I call same frequency :)

Vamsee said...

why women (and lot of men) are insecure? Why they crave for that obsolete tradition called marriage?
what happened to that old school but ever-green tradition called love?

I guess the age-factor creates the fear-factor which creates the "illusionary" need-factor killing away the want-factor.

But, aren't some wants..actually needs of our soul? like love..

Sravanth said...

One Masterpiece...All the best