Sunday, January 11, 2009

My musings right now....

30min more for todays job shift to get over…..n I m in no mood to do anything…….
Staying invisible on gtalk isn’t interesting anyday……..orkut had become boring long back….
So here I am writing down whatall is running in my mind right now…….
Giving a proper order to thoughts is an ordeal…..n I aint an exception to it…but still I ll try…

1. Thesis…….well I had already written about abt my thesis woes and I always keep cribbing about how volatile my thesis topic is these days……I hope I ll soon get settled with a topic and thennn start my work…..

2. The recession…….they say it’s the worst recession since past many decades…..wahh what a timing!!……I m close to graduation ( not soo close also :P) and recession hits the job market…..as much as top companies of my field (VLSI) like Intel and Qualcomm themselves are on complete hiring freeze....i seriously hope and pray and wish that things should recover soon….
It hurts to know soo many ppl lost jobs……hw much miserable it would bewhen you are handed a pink slip without even a prior notice of 1 day : (((……it would have been real difficult to work with no job security……for once I am glad I am still in school…..
I am trying to understand this recession a lot….the sources, the pros and cons……I m very bad at economics and may b thts why I can never understand all this stuff…..but I still wonder if USA itself is in sucha bad stage, where exactly has all the money gone??......dnt start explaining that creation of virtual money concept, I already heard it but I never really exactly actually understood it :P :D…..

3. March is fast approaching….and so is my bday…..bdays have always been funn…..but not anymore……another birthday means u r another year older……n now, another year closer to marriage :P…..another year closer lo more responsibilities L(……
Life has changed a lot…..since many years….. Few years ago, only 1 thought ruled my mind……tht I shud study……n top the class…..but that was my choice….it was not a compulsion…..
But now….its a life full of responsibility…..full of self-evaluation…….Its my life now, n I am given the right to mould it as whatever I want it to be….i am completely independent now….
I always craved for being independent….until I realized how difficult it is to be….....it needs lot of guts to blame urself when sme decision of yours goes wrong……you have to work hard to stand on your own feet……u hav no choice now…….you cant escape your selfconsciousness…….:(((…
Anyway I dnt want to confuse you and confuse myself with all this psycological+mythological+philosophical stuff :P :P….

4. Becoming fat :P…..:D…well this had to be a part of my thoughts all the time…so it couldn’t escape this list :P….

5. Missing home…..well it aint fair that it came so down in the list……but thats the main thing I do all the time L(…..i really am……esp after sucha long trip to india……esp after sucha long trip full of family love, homely stay, moms food, nothing to do, lazy mornings, late nights, fun outings, friends meets, relatives affection, telugu movies in theatres, long drives on activa, well this list demands a spl blog altogether…….but esp when you gotto spend 3 months at home with no tensions in your mind, I swear those were the best days in my life…..i really cherish them to the core…..

6. Last but not the least….marraige tension :P…..i still cant believe that I ought to get married in a couple of years…..i mean, I still feel like a teenager :P :P……..how can I get married soo soon :P….

The list is not yet complete but my job shift is complete :P ……so I gotto leave…..thats it for now…c ya…

8 comments:

AS... said...

very true and real... ditto in my mind too :( dont leave school..school is so much fun..i like the way you conveyed everything clearly.. ur best post!!

cheers,
Arpita :)

Harika Korukonda said...

@arpita..
Thanks :))....i really think the best place to be is school during this time....but still i hate thesis :p :) :(...

Anonymous said...

hey my thoughts match your words so truly ...... i have been to india too for 3 months and still i miss india and the same things u did i do too laze at home, love from parents and people , friends meets , long bike rides ..... i love to stay at home anytime .... you are going to get graduated and i have just graduated so whom should i cry over? .... nice blog.......very very nice .......

Kishan said...

"I still cant believe that I ought to get married in a couple of years"

I don't understand why you "have" to get married in couple of years, unless you really really want to.

Your post stuck a chord with me as I am 27 now and I know I will probably get married in couple of years and here's the tricky thing. It's not like I am against whole marriage thing but it's just that I hate the idea that you have to get married when the age is right and till this point in life I never felt like getting married just to settle down.

It is just an expectation from the society and from parents that it is the most logical thing to do once you reach a certain age..Honestly, it sucks..

All the best..

Harika Korukonda said...

@ kishan...
In my view, it is just not really just an expectation from the society and from parents that it is the most logical thing to do once you reach a certain age, but it actually IS the most logical thing to do at this age.....ther is a right age for every thing....ther is beauty in those things happening at that age only (True translation of "ae vayassu lo jaragalsindi aa vayassu lo jarigithene andam :P)....n though i consider marraige as a respnsibilty i still want to get into that responsibility at the right age....n if it doesnt happen at that age, the youthness and feeeel of it is lost....

Kishan said...

Harika

What you said is true. Probably, my comment on your blog stems from my fear of commitment and as well as the simplicity with which people discuss marriage surprises me.

ee topic meedha ippude oka blog chesanu..read it if u have some time
http://kishankakarla.blogspot.com/

Kishan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bharath Parlapalli said...

nice blog.. actually the points you wrote are the ones on all the MS-from-India-gonna-graduate-soon ppl's minds. Am in the same boat and the recession seems to have hit my confidence so much, its not just the economic indices (read : sensex, NASDAQ, Nikkei, Dow Jones Industrial etc) that are plummeting.

And about getting married, am not really sure if all guys think of marriage at 24.. but in my case, I have to.. I am commited to a gal of almost my age and their parents are turning on the heat already..

so its like double trouble?? nayy.. we ve got more.. and thats called Thesis!!!

hoping to see how u are handling all these in ur blogs..

all the best..

and oh.. am a stranger to you...anyways ttyl