Monday, March 20, 2006

1month b4 GRE!!!!

I dnt hav the foggiest idea of hw u ppl felt 1month prior to gre…...bt I cn bet my life tht it wsnt a pleasant one……coz nw u knw…..u knw tht u hav to start!!!!......all thes days I had been delayin…....wasnt quite serious abt “anything “(??? Nt really) bt nt abt gre okk…...bt then! its hightime nw!!!!
Many ppl hold the misconception tht gre is a cake walk..….n I m seriously khandhistunaning (objecting) it….....i agree tht it is all abt sme vocab ,sme knowledge of quant n thts itt nothing else!!!....bt still I feel it sucks!!!!!!......dnt knw y!!!........may b the fact tht its CAT(computer adaptive ) (cat is a small thin in its description…....it may prove more fatal thn a lion!!!;-)) makes it more deadly for me…....hw much ever u stdy…....hw much ever u byheart the words(which u may bet ur life tht u wnt use anywhere)….bt still there is a possibility tht ur score wud get screwd up!!!....thts coz ur score ll b assesd more on the basis of the 1st few Qs (hw unfair????!!!!!)…..n once u havnt done well in ur 1st 10 Qs then u knw tht u ll hav to walk the so cald cake walk again(huh!!!????....isnt it???)…. ..N the fact tht the cost of takin the exam is nt less tht 6,500 bucks( huh!!!) n I ll obviously feel guilty for spending tht again coz of my incompetence( rather say…luck!!!)…....so I want to give it my BEST the very 1st time…....bt wen the divine powers( I mean luck!!) r acting then evrythin isn’t in ur hands…...n to overcome this frustration at times I prefer to feel tht evrythin is predefined…...u cnt change it anyway…...bt then this tokkalo philosophy hinders my prep(coz if I cnt change anything anyway then y stdy?????))))…..

few words abt different sections of gre:

Verbal: As I previously told u, u sit b4 the system with all the barrons, bigbuk,vissu or promac or geevas or wtever knowledge in ur mind,u may still get a Q u havnt heard of….its quite much possible….with very high probability as well….arey vocabulary is a vaaaast ocean yaar…….n the worst part is evryword havin more thn one meanin!!!!....n u got to byheart evry meanin…..coz u never knw ur luck isn’t it?....huh!!! y am I divertin to criticisin the eng lang itself nw(????)…..ok ok so no hard feelin on the lang……

Quant: well the easiest part 4 all of us!!!.....since my school days I loved mathematics……n the sir too(heheh….jus kiddin okkk)….. bt thos of u who r jus out of the CAT prep wud definetly give a different version right??....coz CAT quant is really tough….bt gre quant is chillar….mast light!!!;-))))……bt then ther r always my silly sillier sillest mistakes to haunt me….

Analytical writing: well!!!no comments on this section…coz no idea as of nw……n no intentions of startin prep for this section soo soon as well!!

Actually want to write a looooot…bt u c….i hav to start!!!.....so lemme start right away….

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god kuchh jyada hi padh rahi hai lagta aajkal...too much of GRE..anyway continue & all the best

Sahithi Paleti said...

wow....great piece of work madam...impressive..got hooked to ur blogs....for now...let the gre happen n then comment on it.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, more than GRE, U seem to have got lot of funda in SMSing as the jargon u use seem to be cut short words etc. Be careful so that u dont write the same way in ur GRE Analytical Writing.
Otherwise, I think u wud make a good deal at GRE.
Anyways, hardwork along with talent and a pinch of luck is all u require.
The first is only in ur hand so give a hand at it because u have to be good at what u can reach.
All the best

Anonymous said...

More than ur inclination towards GRE, u r more inclined towards ur mobile phone and SMS I guess. The reason behind this statement is that the words and their spellings speak a lot about the statement I made. Be careful so that u r not in the same mode when u give ur analytical.
Otherwise with the sentences u make and the flow u establish u shud be able to make a very good score at the first strike on the D Day.
Do what u can and it can take care of the rest.
All the best.

Anonymous said...

i am confident yaar...u will make it dear...surely will b a cake walk on the d-day...enough of cliche's...sounds too formal....sit down and study!!!!

Anonymous said...

C'mon harika... it is surely a cake walk for u... u will do it.. n all the best..n waiting for the party;)..
chalo who said...u dont have dedication towards GRE... u r filling up blogs full of GRE and sections...wat else can be the proof for ur dedication....

............ BINDU

Anonymous said...

huh,waiting for ur next post dear,,bhargavi